Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ending the drought

So, I'm sure it has been noticed that there hasn't been any new blog postings in nearly six months. I've been busy. My dad was diagnosed with cancer early in the summer so a lot of time was spent with him and when I wasn't with him, I was a tad too distracted to write.
Sadly, he passed away in late October, not living nearly enough life. Dealing with that has been tough but gradually, life moves on. I've taken a few day trips since then but mostly, I've stuck close to home.
Just to get the kinks out, I'll share a few pictures I took January 10th on a quick afternoon trip to the beach.

I headed out hwy 26 to hwy 53, which took me down toward Wheeler. Instead of that, I turned off toward Manzanita, passing through Nehalem. At Manzanita, I was treated to a beautiful afternoon on the beach. A bit windy and cool but it was the prettiest I've seen it there in a long time.

Looking North toward Neahkahnie Mountain and the city of Manzanita at the base. Even a rainbow thrown in for good measure.



Looking south toward the mouth of Nehalem Bay.



And one more of some wood, being buried and revealed by the moving sands.

Photobucket

So far, I'm liking my new Canon Digital Rebel T1i. I think it takes nice sharp pictures that I can work with easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment